Thursday, February 23, 2012

Carmel Apples

I got this from Orson Gigi's Blog
Wash and scrub apples with warm water and a bit of mild soap. Then rinse and dry very well so that the Carmel will stick to the apples. Insert the skewers into the core of the apple. Refrigerate apples for at least an hour. Cut off about 1/4 of the carmel loaf and melt in a microwave safe bowl or in a saucepan on the stove. Dip apples in the carmel slowely turning them Allow to set up for an hour or more. Apples can be refrigerated after dipping in carmel to speed up the process.

Things I did different
  • I started with cold apples so I didn't refriderate for one hour
  • I used a glass messuring cup because the sides were narrow and easy for dipping
  • When melting the carmel I had the power on the microwave set to 50% instead of 100%
  • After dipping I held the carmel apple upside down so the carmel dripped towards the stick
  • Once the apples were set up I dipped them in chocolate and decorated them with nuts and crushed candy canes.
  • They turned out really good and I enjoyed doing it





No comments:

Post a Comment