Thursday, July 18, 2013

Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars



This recipe came from the taste of home 5 Ingredient Cookbook I picked it up a long time ago At Barnes and Noble in the bargain books.



Ingredients:

1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
6 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, melted
1 cup peanut butter (We used crunchy peanut butter)

Directions:

In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and peanut butter. (I used an electric skillet to make it more accessible for me).
Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
Remove from the heat; add cereal and stir until coated.
Spread and flatten into a greased 13 in x 9 in pan; press lightly.
Spread melted chocolate over bars. (I used a chocolate melter that my mom  picked up at Walmart for around 20 dollars. They still sell them by the cake decorating supplies or you might find it in the Kitchen appliances.)
Chill until the chocolate is hardened.
 My mom was stirring the peanut butter mixture


 This is the chocolate melter we used



 I am stirring the sugar and peanut butter and corn syrup



It is almost ready to put the crispy rice cereal in 



We mixed it all in and smooshed it nice and flat into a greased pan 


Now I am spreading on the melted chocolate mixture 


They turned out really yummy and it was very easy to make

4 comments:

  1. Wow that looks yummy
    Thanks for sharing you are awesome
    My mouth is watering now for some chocolate and peanut butter
    Mmmmmmmm
    From Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'll have to try it for our next family night treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to make these! How much peanut butter?

    ReplyDelete